Happy first official day of fall! Bringing along some summer sizzle into fall with this Sweet and Tangy Pineapple Skewers recipe. I love grilling year round indoors with this cast iron double burner grill pan.
Did you know that pineapples (and mangos too) are often more plentiful in the fall than summer? And adding a tangy fruit like pineapple really upgrades this recipe from your average skewer.
Easy Sweet & Tangy Pineapple Skewers
- Sweet BBQ Sauce
- Trader Joe’s Soyaki sauce
- Pineapple juice
- Olive oil
- Rice vinegar
- Minced Garlic and Ginger
- Chicken breasts (Substitute: Salmon)
- Veggies: Bell Peppers/ Red Onion/ Zucchini/
- Fruit: Pineapples or Mangos
- Stir together marinade ingredients and marinate chicken in fridge for 30-60 minutes (Save half marinade for later)
- Skew chicken and grill 4-5 minutes each side over medium heat (less if grilling salmon). Brush on marinade while grilling. Remove chicken/salmon from skewers and set aside
- Grill fruit and veggies on stove with a bit of olive oil until slightly browned
- Put together skewers and top with heated marinade
- Serve and enjoy!
- Grilling chicken and the fruit and veggies separately helps the ingredients cook to the right temperature. Veggies and fruit cook faster than chicken.
- Marinate chicken for at least an hour to get the maximum amount of flavor and juiciness
- Serve with easy greens and easy basmati rice so you can focus your attention on the skewers. They take some effort but its worth it!
For more healthful and mouthwatering recipes, visit Eat Well.