After attending a nutrition seminar at Nexa Pilates & Fitness a few weeks ago, I have become inspired to give my current daily diet a makeover! Our immune system needs all the help it can get these days. I eat pretty healthy as it is, but I learned a few things from Nutritionist, Albina Bilalova, and I would like to share them with you.
Here are 10 ways to makeover your daily diet TODAY!
- Stay hydrated, stay hydrated, stay hydrated!!! I have to drink 60 oz of water a day. Herbal tea counts! Sparkling water doesn’t. I’m loving Hydracy Water Bottles. Anyone else?
- Make sure you’re eating more complex carbs (grains, brown rice) during the daytime, and less in the evening
- Integrate fruit and cheese into your meals/snacks earlier in the day
- Eat veggies and grains as the day progresses (a great afternoon snack!)
- If you have to eat late night, try egg whites/ steamed veggies!
- If you’re frying, use coconut oil or grape seed oil
- Add superfood ground flaxseed to your morning yogurt, or on salad. It’s a great source of fiber, protein, and omega 3. Make sure its ground.
- Herbal teas will help you become more resilient to stress. Keep your gut healthy, and help boost hormonal metabolism. Try chamomile, peppermint, licorice, and rose hips tea.
- Don’t overcook veggies. This helps preserve nutrients.
- Replace all-purpose flour with whole wheat, chick peas, rice, and almond flour when possible.
Hope you enjoy the tips! Albina will be speaking at our upcoming event this coming Wednesday March 4 in the morning at Nexa Pilates & Fitness We have just a few more spots available – get your ticket to secure your spot! She’s also available for private nutrition consultations!