Have you FALL-en in love with your workout clothes? Sometimes it can be tough to keep them clean and fresh. We’ve got the inside scoop on what to wear, when to wash, and when to toss.
Anti-Stink Workout Clothes do exist. Make your life a bit easier and fight the stink before it happens. Athleta’ Unstinkable line has a lot of options and works well, so you truly can wear your yoga pants all day, if you want to. The “Unstinkable” technology is “made with silver salts which keep your body’s bacteria from reproducing”. Very cool.
Our fall faves include:
NYC Perk Alert: Our friends at Athleta UWS (69th and Columbus) are generously offering all Sweat for Smilers 20% off any single item from now through November 3, 2018. Just bring in a copy of this newsletter (printed or digitally) to redeem. Thanks Athleta!
You know when you have a fairly light workout and you think – “I could definitely wear these again”? Well don’t. Bacteria builds up from even the lowest amount of sweat. Yuck right? Get. It. Out.
- Minimize wear and tear by washing in a large lingerie bag.
- Air dry – don’t put your workout clothes in the dryer.
- Get a deeper clean by washing with a laundry detergent made for sports such as, Tide Sport, The Laundress, Downy Fresh Protect
- Athletic Leggings: 6-8 months for general wear and tear
- Sports bras: They start losing their support after 8 months- 1.5 years
- Running Sneakers: They start breaking down ever 4-6 months
NYC Perk Alert! Meryl Starr has generously offered Sweat for Smilers a 25% discount off the first 3 hour session. Just mention Sweat for Smiles to redeem this offer.