This recipe is just so A-PEEL-ING…🍏🍎🍏
…and healthy too! This morning I got some of my remaining Granny Smith apples (from apple picking) and made a WALNUT APPLE CRISP. My kitchen still smells like apple cinnamon! 👍🏻
This healthy apple crisp recipe is totally guilt-free and divine! The tartness of the green apples and sweet crumbly topping separates it from the rest. I love to serve it for dessert (optional- top with vanilla ice cream. It’s also such an indulgence for breakfast – paired with greek yogurt! I’m set for the week!😋
WALNUT APPLE CRISP RECIPE:
6 Large Granny Smith Apples
1 TB Pure Maple Syrup
3 TB Water
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 cup Almond Flour
1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Melted Butter
1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
HOW TO MAKE IT:
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel apples and dice into cubes.
• Mix up apples with maple syrup, water, and cinnamon. Pour apples into 9×9 or 8×8 inch baking dish. Set aside.
• In the bowl, add oats, almond flour, walnuts, cinnamon, salt, butter, and maple syrup. Mix topping together and pour on top of apples.
• Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until apples are soft, covering pan loosely with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent over-browning.
• Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
This is the best recipe! You need to get in your fruit servings for the day right? Who’s going to try?