Hi all! Autumn is in full swing and my palate has changed from summer cuisine. Lately, I’ve been craving something different. Taking on the challenge of trying new, healthy foods can increase your fitness and inspire confidence. Lets spice things up!
For this month, I’m choosing to explore the wonders of curry, which contains turmeric, also known as Curcuma longa, or the “golden spice”. Curcumin, the main active ingredient in turmeric, has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. This spice is helpful with the rejuvenation of the mind and body by offering many health benefits. Here are some reasons why incorporating this unique ingredient in your next meal is worth a try.
- Protect the body from free radicals.
- Help with glucose control by helping to moderate insulin levels.
- Help with lowering blood cholesterol levels.
- Offer skin benefits by enhancing wound healing and may help control psoriasis flares.
- Help reduce joint pain in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis by fighting chronic inflammation.
- Aid in maintaining ideal body weight by increasing bile flow which is important in breaking down dietary fats.
- Boost certain brain hormone levels which can result in increased numbers of new neurons in the brain and may help delay degenerative brain processes.
Now that this spice has your attention, check out this recipe for Chicken Curry with Squash.
Hope this inspires you to try something new and spice up your palate for fall. Go for it. You can do it!